Monday, February 4, 2019

With Sympathy

Sympathy cards are often the hardest to make, most particularly when the person that it is going to is not really someone we are familiar with. That was the case with this card, so I decided to keep it simple and elegant.

I used a retired Stampin' Up stamp from my stash as my focal point on this card and stamped it on to Canson Bristol Vellum paper with Versafine Onyx black ink and then covered the ink with clear embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment, also a Stampin' Up stamp in my stash, with Versafine Onyx black ink onto silver metallic cardstock and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


I added a little bit of color to the stamped image with my small set of watercolor pencils and blended it out with a damp waterbrush. The Bristol Vellum did well on allowing the colors to blend. I cut the image out with a stitched rectangle die and adhered it to the silver cardfront.


I glued the cardfront onto a white cardbase. Since the silver cardstock was slightly smaller than a notecard size, the white cardbase provided a nice border around the card.

General supplies:
Canson Bristol Vellum paper
Reflections 110lb heavyweight cardstock
Silver metallic cardstock
Stamps from my stash
Versafine Onyx black ink
Clear embossing powder
Stitched rectangle die
Fantasia watercolor pencils

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) by commenting you know that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for this specific purpose.

Many thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

Monica

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful, simple but exquisite card.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card!!!! I love tulips. Not just because it's so Dutch, but when they bloom in the garden, the winter is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Monica! Never knew to use Bristol vellum for watercoloring - I must try this! Thanks for sharing your simple and elegant card!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top