Saturday, February 9, 2019

Paper Dolls

The Spellbinders Small Die of the Month club for January was the cutest couple of dolls. The set contains 21 dies and allows for a lot of customization of the dolls. Due to a glitch, I only received mine a few days ago. So now I had to play.

For this card I did not do any customization on the dolls other than choosing the color of their outfits. I cut the faces, arms and the little girl's legs from cream colored cardstock. Each one got slightly different color hair. The hair die not only cuts out the hair, but also embosses texture into it - very cool.


The little girl got a floral dress cut from some patterned paper with coordinating frill, sleeves and collar and she got braids in her hair. The little boy got jeans and a blue shirt. I die cut all the pieces and then glued all the pieces together except for the arms. I wanted to be sure that they were holding hands on my card, so I needed to position the arms correctly. I stamped the sentiment onto the balloon with Versamark ink and white heat embossed it.


I ran the front of my cardbase through my embossing machine with a Darice heart embossing folder. Then I glued the couple onto the front of the card with the string and the balloon behind them, grounding them with a piece of washi tape (I had got this inspiration from Carole over at Craftilicious Creations). I completed the card by adding little red punched out hearts to a few of the embossed hearts, liberal Wink of Stella to the big balloon and a sparkle of white gel pen to their eyes.

Watch this space, more people to come...

General supplies:
Paper Studio cardbase and coordinating envelopes
Dark blue, light blue, cream, brown, red and purple cardstock
Patterned paper from my stash
Spellbinders January small die of the month dies
Punched hearts in red mirror cardstock
Versamark ink
White embossing powder
White gel pen
Wink of Stella
Washi tape from my stash

Entered into the QKR Stampede Anything Goes Challenge #334
Entered into the 613 Avenue Create Anything Goes/ Use a Critter Challenge #218
Entered into the A bit more time to Craft Anything Goes Challenge #85
Entered into the A Perfect Time To Craft Open Anything Goes Challenge # 2
Entered into the Artistic Impressions Anything Goes/Optional Twist Love it up Challenge 212
Entered into the Crafting with Friends Anything Goes Challenge #79
Entered into the Crafting from the Heart Anything Goes Challenge #236
Entered into the Crafty Creations Anything Goes Challenge #383
Entered into the Love to Craft February Anything Goes Challenge #31
Entered into the Simply Create Too Anything Goes/Use Hearts Challenge #146

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) by commenting you know that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for this specific purpose.

Many thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

Monica

9 comments :

  1. Oh they are cute.. I have a couple of cricut cartridges I have never used and wish I could just give them away to someone.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute die-cut dolls and heart embossed background.Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great heat embossed background. The two paper dolls are lovely.
    So glad you stopped by at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Monica such an adorable card! What a sweet couple! I especially love how you’ve paper pieced the sweet little girls dress from patterned paper and the embossed heart background too! Thanks for sharing your delightful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute couple. Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at QKR Stampede.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too "Use Hearts" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work. Thank you for joing us over on the Simply Create Too Blog. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card ! Thank you for playing with us at Artistic Inspiration challenge blog.
    DT Melle Clef
    http://melleclef.over-blog.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top