Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Watercolor paper with no water

A small 4 x 6 pad of watercolor paper had found its way into my crafty stash quite a while ago. Now was the time to try it out with my pencils. I had seen a number of people use watercolor paper for pencil coloring. I was amazed at how I was able to apply numerous layers of color and thus get intense colors with my Prismacolor pencils. The paper sure is "toothy".



The image is one of my trusty Wild Rose Studio teddy bear stamps. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink using my stamp positioning tool so I could do multiple stampings on the rough paper. The sentiment is from the Hero Arts Acts of Kindness stamp set. I colored the image with my Prismacolors and then applied the card panel to a sunny yellow Paper Studio cardbase.

I definitely want to try some more images on watercolor paper. I may have to build up my stamp collection as this paper is too thick to comfortably print on...

General supplies:
Master's Touch 4 x 6 watercolor paper for card panel
Wild Rose Studio Raining Roses stamp
Hero Arts Acts of Kindness stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Prismacolor pencils


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top