Thursday, February 23, 2017

Somewhat vintage...

Today's post features this card



This lavender in the rusty watering can is another lesson from my Kit and Clowder Elements of Nature class. I just loved how the organic rustiness came out on the can. Also the depth in the tiny lavender flowers.

The image just gave me the feeling of earthiness and I loved it pieced against the rose card base. I cut the panel with my newly acquired Gina Marie Design stitched rectangle dies - doing partial die cutting to get the stitching only on the two long sides of the flower panel.

Then I added a sentiment that I cut out on my Silhouette machine and coated the same with a little Wink of Stella clear shimmer pen. I love the Wink of Stella, it adds a bit of shimmer without overloading with bling and the brush tip makes adding it to very defined areas quite simple.

And today the mailman is carrying this card to a dear friend...

General supplies:
Canson XL Drawing 70 lb for the colored image
Black cardstock cut with Silhouette for sentiment
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Cardbase from Paper Studio Sophia Grace collection
Prismacolor pencils

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top