Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Starting off with a challenge

What a better way to start out a new venture than with a challenge. I am a member of the Kit and Clowder Facebook group and challenges happen there from time to time - well actually quite often.

This one is to use the digital stamp Gentle as Breeze by Ching Chou Kuik. Any medium could be used to color the image and so of course I was in it with my Prismacolors. I decided to add another page to my long neglected art journal as the key in the girl's hand just popped off the page at me.




The image is colored with Prismacolors and the background is done with a light blue soft pastel that I rubbed with my finger. I added a bit of sparkle with a silver metallic gel pen for her jewelry and a gold metallic gel pen for the key. Highlights in her eyes were added with a white gel pen.

I framed the image with pink glitter washi tape and then covered the join with a black cardstock frame that I had whipped up in my Silhouette software.

I printed the sentiment out and cut the single words out to be able to position them in a haphazard manner at the top and bottom of the image.

General supplies:
Canson XL Drawing 70 lb for the image
Light blue soft pastel for background
Pink glitter washi tape
Black cardstock cut with Silhouette for frame
White cardstock with printed sentiment
Prismacolor pencils
Gel pens

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top