Friday, August 4, 2023

A Die Cut Scene

Hello friends, today I am back with a new project challenge between myself and BożenA. I can hear what you are saying "That was fast!" Yes, this time we were quick in creating our projects and are excited to publish today.


It was my turn to call the theme for our challenge and I suggested that we create a scene with die cuts only. So no stamping, embossing or anything else other than die cuts. Adding color to the die cuts was allowed or one could use colored cardstock. Since we have had such a crazy heat wave here in Arizona, I decided it was time to try out my Build-a-Snowman die set which I have had for a while, but never used. So I created some snowmen using the various accessories.

I created a scene on the front of a note card with a panel of blue cardstock onto which I added "snow" with a white gel pen. I created two snow banks and using a village die set that I have in my stash, I assembled some houses. The pine trees and snow caps are also from the village die set.


I assembled my snowy scene with all the little pieces. The back snow bank is glued directly to the cardpanel and the front one is popped up on foam tape. I used colored cardstock for the houses and the trees, but added color with alcohol markers to white cardstock on the various accessories on the snowmen. I completed the cards by using sentiment dies and holographic metallic cardstock.

I am excited to see what scene BożenA has created and I would like to invite you to visit her project and leave her a comment while you are there. Now it is her turn to determine our next challenge.

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) by commenting you know that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for this specific purpose.

Many thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

Monica




6 comments :

  1. Both beautiful cards love the die-cut Wintry scenes
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is a wonderful springboard from the heat. I love your snowman and beautiful suburban scene. Anyway, I'm so glad that once again we were able to create our cards in a limited concept, and each of us had a different perspective on the challenge. I love how you went towards winter in these hot days. And thank you for the inspiration Christmas card. I need to start stocking up for the upcoming holiday season.
    Monica, thank you so much for another fun time together. I love our challenges together, I always find so much great inspiration in your cards
    hugs, BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome challenge, both are amazing winter scenes, keepsake cards, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling snowmen, Monica, and they won't melt in the heat! Two sweet cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your die cut snowman and the house, what a wonderful scene. Wish we had a bit of Summer heat in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both cards. Those snowmen are gorgeous. :-) Will see now BozenA crafted.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top