Monday, August 7, 2023

Sending Hugs

Today I have a card that has something that I have never tried before -a one layer card panel using Copic markers. I have always been nervous about doing this because I was afraid that the markers would bleed into the background. This is my first project this month for Jan's Digital Stamp Shop Challenge Blog.



Using Silhouette Studio, I designed my card in a 4 x 5.25 inch rectangle. I filled the rectangle with the yellow gingham digital paper and placed the bouquet in a jar digi in the space, resizing it to fit in the bottom right corner. I then printed it out on my laser printer, to be sure that the alcohol ink wouldn't smudge the lines.

Using my Copic markers, I added some loose color to the flowers, stems and jar. I used only two shades per color and left white for the highlight. This served to give a highlight and to prevent ink bleed. Once the coloring was done, I added the panel to a white notecard and added a die cut sentiment above the image.


We would love to see your projects in our challenge over at Jan's Digital Stamp Shop Challenge Blog. The theme is "Anything Goes" and you have a month to enter.





In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) by commenting you know that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for this specific purpose.

Many thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

Monica




6 comments :

  1. Monica, I'm always in awe of your talents in manipulating digi images in your software. This is another fabulous example of your talent! Thanks for another wonderful team project for the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card love the beautiful image and colouring.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and digi stamps, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design and gorgeous colouring Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Monica! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” August Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top