Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Tissue Paper and Ink

Today I am here with a project for a challenge with BożenA. It has been a very long time that we last published a challenge, but that is completely my fault. Not only have I not been able to spend time in my craft room, but I have also been traveling. It was BożenA's turn to call the challenge and she chose a technique using tissue paper, inks and texture. Fortunately she gave me some references, but techniques like this are way out of my comfort zone.


Finally, I got the curve to sit at my table with my inks. I smooshed orange, yellow, green and pink onto my glass mat, sprayed the ink with water and dunked the tissue paper into it. The color burst was instant and amazing. I picked the tissue paper up carefully and placed it on a piece of cardstock to dry.

Once dry, I applied white glue to the cardstock with a sponge and placed the colorful tissue paper over the glue, bunching the tissue paper up to form "ridges". I then coated the tops of the ridges with Versamark ink and added gold embossing powder. It was quite spectacular after heat setting it. I then cut the panel down to be 4.75 x 6.75 inches and added it to a black 5x7 notecard.

I wanted the background to show and not be hidden by any focal point and so opted to use the Altenew die that cuts the word "hugs" from the center of a circle. I cut the same word from black cardstock and glued it in the inlay. I drew around the circle with a black glaze pen and added a printed sub-sentiment.


Since my work surface was already messy, I made a second background using blue, pink and yellow. This one had lower ridges, but I still heat embossed them.

To complete this card, I cut the words "beautiful you" out of the panel and inlayed the same words cut in black. I added black die cuts using Spellbinders dies from the Sealed Collection. These shapes provided interest, but did not cover the background.


I created another 5x7 card here by adding the panel to a black cardbase.



I am looking very forward to seeing what BożenA has created for this challenge. She always blows one away. Take a moment to visit her blog and see her creation for this challenge. Please also leave a comment for her while you are there.

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) by commenting you know that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for this specific purpose.

Many thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

Monica




6 comments :

  1. Hello Monica,
    Your cards are magical! I love their delicate colors that perfectly emphasize the gilding. You seem to create a lot with this technique. You designed your backgrounds with such a sense of color. I also love the contrasting black sentiments. Two stunning cards. I'm infatuated with them.
    Thank you for this challenge. The long wait was worth the time. And now I'm waiting for your idea for the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW these are both stunning,but must admit the first one is my favourite-love the techniques and definitely on the to try list-love the beautiful freesia too,my favourite flowers.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Love the tissue technique, I haven't used tissues for years. I must try to remember and use it. Fabulous cards Monica gorgeous colours and designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so intricate. I love the colours on both. Well done though said that it was a real challenge. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both gorgeous cards, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful results with tissue paper, Monica! I love the colors and embossing! The black die cuts add contrast but don't detract from the backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top