Monday, March 20, 2017

Resist technique with embossing power

I have seen many people do the resist technique with clear or white embossing powder and I really wanted to try it out with a flower image. So the other day when I received PowerPoppy's "In Praise of Sunflowers" stampset, I decided that the single sunflower was the perfect image for this experiment.


I used my DIY stamp positioning tool to stamp a letter size page full of flowers. I stamped and embossed and stamped and embossed as it was difficult to see where I had stamped with the clear ink on white cardstock.

Then I cut the page into 4 notecard size panels and did each one a different color combo. I have Momento dye inks in the dew drop size and using my DIY blending sponges, I was fascinated how the flowers popped off the page when I applied the color.

I then cut the panels down with the second size stitched rectangle die from my Gina Marie Design stitched rectangle dies set and applied each to a card base. I added a sentiment to each card by embossing with white powder on black cardstock.

I love the results and will definitely do this again.

These cards were also entered into Day 20 of the Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge

General supplies:
White cardstock for card panel and cardbase
Black cardstock cut with Silhouette for sentiment
Versamark watermark ink
White embossing powder
PowerPoppy "In Praise of Sunflowers" stamp set
Hero Arts "Acts of Kindness" stamp set
Stampabilities "Card Phrases" stamp set
Momento inks

1 comment :

  1. What a magnificent experiment with such surprising results — they are ALL beautiful, Monica! Love to see you extending yourself to new techniques, and thrilled to see that you wanted to use Power Poppy images for this process. They look even more summery with all of these fun colors.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top