Saturday, March 18, 2017

Berries and feathers

So how do berries and feathers go together? When they are in the same image and one ends up practicing the light and shade of each to create a dimensional look.


Not only did I try new techniques here with this image, but also new paper. If you have read my previous posts, you will have noted that I am still in search of a good paper that does not cost me an arm and a leg. I found a pad of paper at my local store called Paint Pad and it is a Strathmore product. The price was very right and so I decided to try it. The paper is smoother on one side and more textured on the other. For this project, I used the textured side and it was so amazing to work on.

The tooth of the paper held the pencil pigment well and I was able to blend with my usual pencil to pencil technique.

This image is from the Kit and Clowder monthly classes - March 2017.

I also entered this image in the Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge - Day 18.

General supplies:
Strathmore Paint Pad watercolor paper
Digital stamp from Kit and Clowder March monthly class
White Gelly Roll gel pen
Large paper stump
Prismacolor pencils

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top