Thursday, December 7, 2017

Grayscale Christmas

Today I have different sort of card to show you. This time a Christmas card in largely non-traditional colors. I used only red and added gold sparkle to make it a Christmas card. The image is another grayscale with a spot of color - a technique I love whether colored or as a photo manipulation.


This is Molly from the Molly Winter Bundle by Conie Fong. I colored her in shades of French gray with my Prismacolor colored pencils. Then I used primary colors on the J, the O and the Y that make up her garland.

To put the card together, I cut the image with my Gina Marie designs oval die and then cut an oval a size bigger from gold glitter cardstock. I applied this to the corner of a red cardstock panel that I had cut out with a Gina Marie designs rectangle die and then embossed with a snowflake embossing folder.

I glues the panel to the cardbase and then added a sentiment from a retired Stampin Up set. I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.

I had used this technique previously on Bouquet Benny. This will definitely not be the last image I do with this technique.

General supplies:
Strathmore Paint Pad paper
Reflections 110lb heavyweight carstock for card base
White and red cardstock
Gold glitter cardstock
Snowflake embossing folder
Gina Marie Designs stitched oval dies
Gina Marie Designs stitched rectangle dies
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Clear embossing powder
Sentiment stamp
Prismacolor pencils

Entered into The Crafty Addicts Anything Goes with an option of Non-traditional Christmas colours Challenge #43

1 comment :

  1. Lovely card Monica. Thanks for sharing with us and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top