Monday, June 26, 2017

Grayscale with a spot of color

I have always been fascinated by photos that are in grayscale, but show off a spot of color. So I decided that I needed to try it out with my pencils.

I used this cute image done by Conie Fong called Bouquet Benny for this technique.


I used French Gray to do the grayscale part of the image as I like the warmer, more sepia looking result that the French Gray colors give. Then I added the bright yellow ribbon to the flower bouquet as my colored focal point.

Using a blended Momento ink frame that I had left over from my Rainbows and Unicorns project, I brought in some more color around the edges before placing the image on a yellow cardbase. I finished the card off with a stamped sentiment and a spot of Wink of Stella on the bow.

General supplies:
Canson XL Drawing paper
Bouquet Benny digital stamp
Prismacolor pencils
Wink of Stella shimmer pen
Momento inks
Stampabilities Everyday Expressions stampset

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top