Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A Tie Dye Rose...

It is time for the Power Poppy Challenge again and this month the challenge is to CASE one of the design team members. CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything. But this challenge was to copy only some things and to change some things too. So I visited the various blogs and where do you even start? There are so many beautiful creations. But one just jumped up and screamed ME!

Allison Cope had created a card with a peony that she had colored in tie dye colors on her blog post entitled POWER POPPY: TIE-DYE BLOOMS.

Since I love roses I opted to use the Rose and Chamomile for my project. I created a sentiment above the rose and printed the whole panel out.


I researched the Distress Oxide inks she had used and matched the colors with my Prismacolor colored pencils. This was part of the copy of this challenge.

The card I created was to be for a congregation member moving to a new job out of state and so I made the card 5x7 to allow a large enough space inside for numerous well wishes and autographs. But I like how she had backed hers with kraft paper and so added a kraft panel between the colored panel and the card base.

I love how this turned out - the color combination gives the rose an almost ethereal quality.

General supplies:
Strathmore Paint Pad watercolor paper
Reflections 110lb heavyweight cardstock for card base
Kraft cardstock for middle panel
Power Poppy Rose and Chamomile digital stamp
Prismacolor pencils


2 comments :

  1. Springy and I do like when images are enlarged, very cool! Thanks for playing in our On the Case challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top