Monday, October 2, 2023

Paper Pattern

We have October, people!! I can hardly believe it. This is my first card this month for Jan's Digital Stamp Shop Challenge Blog and today I have been playing on my tablet again in the app Procreate.


I used the pre-colored candy cane image from the stamp set and created the background patterned paper by arranging the candy canes in horizontal lines, alternating the orientation of the canes. I then placed an uncolored PNG version of the image on top of the background in a new layer and colored it in Procreate - experimenting with light and shadows. I opted for a green bow here - just because. I placed a white outline to the image on a layer between the cane and the background, to give it that sticker look and so that my colored candy cane would be differentiated from the background.

I then printed out the cardpanel and added it to a white A2 cardbase. I die cut the sentiment out of white cardstock and added it to the card. While the die cut adds a little dimension, that is all that is physically popped up on the card.


We would love to see your creation over at Jan's Digital Stamp Shop Challenge Blog. The theme is always Anything Goes and you have a month to enter.

In line with new European Data Protection Laws (GDPR) by commenting you know that your name and comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of your personal information for this specific purpose.

Many thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

Monica

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful and festive Candy Cane card, the holidays are sneaking up too quick, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Monica, love the white outline, it really adds to the dimension, great paper design too. x

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top