Monday, September 10, 2018

First try - Double Embossing

Now that my crafty friend has her Happy Mail, I can share this project. I enjoy watching various crafters on YouTube while I am hand sewing and partial and double embossing were techniques that immediately went on my "to try" list. I think it looks beautiful and elegant.Today was the day I got to try out double embossing.


To start my card I stamped a sunflower from Power Poppy's In Praise of Sunflowers stampset onto Canson Mi Tientes sand colored paper and colored it with my Prismacolor colored pencils. I cut the paper down to the width of the flower and then temporarily taped black cardstock to the edges to make a 4.25 inch wide panel. I then cut the bottom with a shaped edge die.


Then I moved on to the purpose of this exercise. I stamped my sentiment in the corner of a piece of white cardstock. I embossed the cardstock with the Darice Basketweave Background embossing folder using a chipboard shim to prevent the area around the sentiment from being embossed. I followed Nilda Rockenbach's instructions, modifying them to work with my project.


I then embossed with the tag die to create the frame and then assembled the card onto a side folding cardbase. I added three clear gems around the sunflower.

What I learned from this try: I would do the embossing first next time and then the stamping. I think it would be easier to line it all up better that way. Also, I would tape down my die on both sides and not just one as it seemed to have moved while running it through the machine and it is not quite straight anymore.

General supplies:
Sand colored Canson Mi Tientes paper
Reflections 110lb heavyweight cardstock for card base
Black and white cardstock
Power Poppy's In Praise of Sunflowers clear stampset
Stampabilities Everday Expressions stampset
Prismacolor pencils
Memento Tuxedo black ink
Darice Basketweave Background embossing folder
Stitched label die
Gems from stash

Entered into the Fabrika Fantasy Autumn Challenge #24
Entered into the QKR Stampede Challenge #312 - Anything Goes
Entered into the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Anything Goes Challenge #89
Entered into the Crafting from the Heart Anything Goes Challenge #219
Entered into the Stempelsonne Anything Goes Challenge #205
Entered into the Artistic Inspirations Anything Goes Challenge #206
Entered into the Creative Fusion Arts & Crafts "Sunflowers" Challenge #4

3 comments :

  1. Wunderschön gemacht.
    Dankeschön für die Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was für eine wunderschöne Karte.
    Die Sonnenblumenkerne ist so schön geworden. Ich freue mich riesig über deine Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.
    Liebe Grüße und viel Glück
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really love this big flower on the Kraft card. Thanks for sharing with us today over at LPCF

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top