Saturday, August 18, 2018

Happy Mail!

Happy Mail is something we all love. What fun it is to find a handmade card from a crafty friend in the mailbox! Well this is Happy Mail with a difference. My mousey make for this fortnight was inspired by some organizational Youtube videos I was watching while sewing, where pin boards and peg boards were used for inspirational quotes in the organised space.


I used patterned paper for my card panel that resembles a cork board and added a frame cut out of silver metallic cardstock with stitched rectangle dies so that I had a faux stitched line in the center of the frame. I then created 3 little envelopes and inserted a little House Mouse in each one. These are from the stamps I had recently found in the destash sale. I stamped them onto Strathmore Paint Pad paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with my Prismacolor pencils.


I inserted each mouse into a little envelope and glued it onto my pin board. I stamped the happy Mail sentiment onto a small Post-it note and added brads to each item to represent push pins.


I also glued two stickers from my stash onto the pin board. Some additional brads dotted around the board completed the look.


I then mounted the "board" onto a piece of thin craft foam and then onto a top folding cardbase.

General supplies:
Strathmore Paint Pad paper
House Mouse Designs stamps from my stash
Reflections 110lb heavyweight cardstock for card base
Prismacolor pencils
Stitched rectangle dies
Patterned paper
Metallic silver cardstock
Stampabilities Everday Expressions stampset
Concord & 9th Perfectly Penned stampset
Brads and stickers from my stash
Craft foam




7 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness Monica! how gorgeous is this!! I love the whole pin board look of this, very cute and very clever!! :-) Happy Mail for sure!!! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, love your creative work and also thank you for joining in my challenge theme of Stitching, Real or Faux /Anything goes , current challenge and good luck in the draw. .
    {aNNie}Designer for House Mouse and Friends ♥ HOUSE MOUSE


    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very cute and beautiful Monica

    Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Monica how cute is this ? Super cute ..lol any mousey fan would love to get this in their mail box.. great take on the option Stitching theme

    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & Friends mon chall.

    mousey hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever and oh so cute. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge. Bunny DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how unique and clever. Your card is just so much fun and really looks like a pin board. Thanks for sharing it with us and joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge, nicely done.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is ingenious! I love everything about it- the bulletin board idea, the cute little house mouses peeking from their envelopes and the brad "pushpins"! Thanks for sharing your creation at QKR Stampede this week. DT Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top