Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Taking the cake!

Today I have a new card with some new-to-me techniques. The focal image is by Sasayaki Glitter and she is called Mia Wants To Say Happy Birthday. She is the image to use this month in the Sasayaki Glitter Progressive Facebook challenge.


I cut a cardpanel at 4 x 5.25 inches and stamped gifts and candles on it with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. The stamps were smaller images from my stash of retired Stampin Up stamps. I then smooshed orange and yellow Memento ink onto my craft mat and spray it generously with water before laying the cardstock into the colored water. Although I did not use watercolor paper here, the cardstock held up really well to the wetness that I applied to it. I had never tried this smooshing technique before, so it was fun to watch the embossed images pop out.


I had printed the image onto Strathmore Paint Pad paper and colored it with my Prismacolor Premier pencils. I used my black Prismacolor Verithin pencil to redefine some of the details that had got lost during the coloring. I cut the image out with my Silhouette Cameo, using the PixScan mat. Since I already had the outline, I was able to create an exact offset and cut that out as a matte in white glitter cardstock. I colored the stars on the cake with a pink glitter gel pen. A girl cannot have too much glitter, right?


I then stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the card in Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I thought the sentiment was just perfect for this image.

General supplies:
Strathmore Paint Pad paper
Reflections 110lb heavyweight cardstock for card base
White plain and white glitter cardstock
Prismacolor pencils
White and pink glitter gel pens
Stamps from stash
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Orange and yellow Memento ink
Clear embossing powder
White embossing powder

Entered into the Sasayaki Glitter Digital Stamps May Progressive Challenge #33
Entered into the Kreative-Tanten Party challenge #17
Entered into the Southern Girls Spark & Shine challenge

3 comments :

  1. Beautiful birthday card. I like the beautiful coloured image.
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Kreativ-Tanten and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex

    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#17 – Party}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#17 – not square / rectangle}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#48 – Embellishments}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely birthday card. Your embossed background shows off the image beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very funny present :D
    Thanks for joining us at the Kreativtanten Challenge.
    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top