Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Using a card sketch

This card that I want to share today has a number of firsts in it. Firstly, I discovered card sketches at Pagemaps.com. Making use of one of the January ones, I created this card


The puppy is an exercise from the Kit and Clowder All About Animals class which I cut out with my newly acquired PixScan mat on my Silhouette Cameo. He was printed on Canson XL Drawing paper and colored with my Prismacolor colored pencils.

Using the eighth card sketch on the aforementioned page, I assembled the card with a panel of patterned paper at the bottom and a panel of kraft cardstock that I had run through an embossing folder at the top. I stamped the sentiment onto a strip of white card stock using a retired Stampin Up stamp

I cut a strip of dark brown card stock with a pair of scalloped scissors, cut the strip in half and adhered a piece to the top and the bottom of the white strip before gluing that to the card front. Finally, I added the puppy.

General supplies:
Canson XL Drawing paper
Reflections 110lb heavyweight carstock for card base
Patterned paper
Kraft, white and brown Cardstock
Retired Stampin Up sentiment stamp
Versafine Onyx black ink
Prismacolor pencils

Entered into the Power Poppy January Power & Spark: Grab a Map! Challenge
Entered into the Stempelsonne Anything Goes Challenge #197
Entered into Inspiration Destination Anything Goes Challenge No. 141

2 comments :

  1. Ach wie süß!
    Danke daß du bei der Stempelsonne mitmachst.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cutie! Very cute and great job.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top