Friday, January 19, 2018

Die cut inlay experimenting

One technique I have been wanting to try for a while is die cut inlaying. I needed some Thank You cards and so thought this would be a perfect opportunity to try it and also break out my Hi There Bear stampset from Concord & 9th.



Using brown and pink cardstock, I cut a card panel from each with my stitched rectangle dies. Then using individual letter alphabet dies, I cut out the word THANKS down the one side of each. I glued the card panel to the front of a note card and inlayed the opposite color letters into each one - saving the little piece from the A for each one so I did not lose it.

I then stamped the bear from the stamp set in two different Momento ink colors as well the umbrella and cut each out with the coordinating dies.

I added a embossed scripty friendship background to each cardpanel with Ranger Bridal Tinsel embossing powder. I then glued the bear and the umbrella handle onto the card and popped the umbrella up with foam squares. I then added a good amount of Wink of Stella to the umbrellas.

I loved how the cards turned out and decided to make two more.



This time I used green and purple as my cardbase colors and gave the bears the balloon from the stampset. I drew the string in with a fine black marker. The same scripty background was applied to the cardpanels and I popped the balloons up on foam squares.

General supplies:
Reflections 110lb heavyweight carstock for card base
Pink, brown, purple, green and white cardstock
Gina Marie designs stitched rectangle die
Concord & 9th Hi There Bear stampset and dies
Alphabet dies
Momento dye inks
Inkadinkadoo background stamp
Versamark Ink
Ranger Bridal Tinsel embossing powder


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top