Tuesday, May 16, 2017

A coloring book

Here I am again with a new post. It has been a while and you will soon see why. Instead of coloring stamps, I decided to indulge in the Twilight Garden coloring book. It is full of beautiful floral illustrations by the Swedish artist, Maria Trolle and you know that I love to color flowers.


This book is printed on good quality paper and I found it to be wonderful when working in it with my Prismacolor colored pencils.

Obviously, I had to start out with a two-page spread and I just love that some of the images have a black background.


I drew some of my color inspiration from Chris Cheng's YouTube video, including the red flowers, the leaves and the critters (though I did not include the white dots on the butterfly, I preferred it without).

I started out with the red and yellow flowers.


On the remaining two flowers I could not decide whether to make them orange or blue. Hubby was not much help in making a decision, so I opted for one of each.


This made the vibrant butterfly stand out nicely on the blue flower.


I completed the image by doing the greenery, the birds and the snail and adding water drops to the whole image. Since this month's Kit and Clowder Elements of Nature technique class challenge is the dew drops lesson and I had already done that image, I will be entering this one.



Prismacolor pencils
White Signo Uni-ball UM-153 gel pen

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top