Sunday, October 7, 2018

The Fantasy Hat

I am back with another card today. I had this image called Fantasy Hat by Julia Spiri printed out for a while and now it finally got colored and converted into a card.


I wanted to play with a favorite technique of mine, which is only one single pop of color in the image. Previously I had done this with shades of grey and a pop of color, but today I wanted a more "sepia" look for this image and so I actually used my favorite skin color combo here as my sepia color. That is Burnt Ochre, Peach, Light Peach, Eggshell and White (Prismacolor pencils). All the image, except the bow, is done with varying combos of those 5 colors. I used Black for a few details that I felt needed highlighting after the pencil had dulled them out.


I loved how this image turned out and I then cut it out with a lacy oval die from my stash and cut the lacey edge off. I cut a piece of pink patterned paper to layer underneath it. I also cut 3 hexagons from pink patterned paper and pink fun foam and I cut a rounded part into the biggest one to fit next to the oval image matte.


I inked the edges of the hexagons and the pink oval with brown Memento Ink. I had the perfect clock face patterned paper in my stash. I stamped the three single words on the large hexagon and embossed it with Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder. I added a piece of pink lace from my stash to the bottom edge of the card and then adhered all the parts to the panel and then the panel to a 5.5x5.5 cardbase.

I am looking forward to trying this technique with some other base shades and colors.

This card won the Artist Spotlight spot over at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge blog.



General supplies:
Strathmore Paint Pad paper
Reflections 110lb heavyweight cardstock for card base
Julia Spiri's Fantasy Hat digital stamp
Prismacolor pencils
Versamark Ink
Memento Rich Cocoa ink
Gold embossing powder
Patterned paper from stash
Shaped dies from my stash
Stamps from my stash
Pink lace from my stash


10 comments :

  1. Woweeeeee, you did a fabulous job with this Fantasty Hat from Julia Spiri. I love what you have done with your colouring, it looks fabulous. Love the colours and design. Nice work here. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Beautiful colouring!
    Thank you for joining us at The Colour Crazy Challenge! Jane S (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Ania DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Monica and love your techniques! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty creation and fab colouration of the image!

    Thanks for playing along with our Kreativtanten Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    *GDT* Die Kreativtanten
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and your colour combination is amazing!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Kreativ-Tanten and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex

    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#22 – Anything goes}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#22 – Make your own background}
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#53 – Autumn / Halloween}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and I love the pop of pink too. Thank you for joining in the Little Miss Muffet Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs, Vannessa DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. The background paper is so perfect! Love the pop of pink.

    Thank you for joining us at Li'l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, really great.
    Thanks for joining us at the Creative Aunt Challenge.
    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top