Sunday, November 26, 2017

Finally some coloring again

Life has been hectic and while I have colored some between, I have not been able to actually complete a project. But here we are.


The line art of this beautiful flower image is by Conie Fong. I colored it with my Prismacolor pencils on sand colored Canson Mi Tientes paper.  It was the second time I had tried the Mi Tientes paper and I found it rather difficult to accomplish my pencil to pencil blending that I am used to doing. I did need the blender pencil to achieve the smooth look that I usually get on the Strathmore Paint Pad paper. Though I do love the color tone of the sand paper, making the pencil colors pop off the page.

To complete the little scene, I used brick pattern paper for my card panel and then added the image with a frame created using Gina Marie designs nested stitched rectangle dies. I also added a small strip of cardstock to replicate a window ledge.

Lastly I stamped the sentiment of a small precut tag and finished it off with a bow tied with twine.

General supplies:
Sand colored Canson Mi-Teintes
Reflections 110lb heavyweight carstock for card base
Patterned paper
Gina Marie Designs stitched rectangle dies
Cardstock offcuts for frame and ledge
Flowers In A Vase digital stamp
Precut tag
Sentiment stamp
Brown and white twine
Prismacolor pencils

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top